Subject: Re: is GetURL the only way?
From: nothing -
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 10:29:35 +0100

>From: "Chally" <challyatcdcla [dot] com>
>Is "GetURL" the only way for Flash components to communicate with a
browser?
>What if I want to assign a variable or something to the object, how do
you
>track that?

Sounds like you need to use FSCommand. Using it you can call a
Javascript or VBScript function (if the browser can handle it) from the
movie.

It's quite easy for a movie to tell the browser what do, do, but quite
limiting the other way around.

If you're using variables to handle components in your movies, then
you're delving into the dark and mysterious (well, until you get the
hang of it) depths of MovieClips and TellTarget, I'm sure.

>Has anyone had trouble getting IE4.0 to find Flash <object> 's ?

I've had trouble getting IE4 to install!