Subject: Re: FLASH: Link to SWF and label
From: Dixon
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 14:47:57 +0100

John, I think the main problem is I am asking too much out of flash and JS.

Test site - (Very under construction)
http://www.skyrock.co.uk/sub/

when you load the site click on the subcircus-under the skin text in the
middle frame, this then loads the main navigation into the bottom frame.

What I am trying to do with this site is to keep it in Flash but when the
information has to be updated or text heavy I use HTML.

If you click on the communications item in either the top frame or the
bottom frame and then click 'mailing list' it takes you out of the Flash
movie and into HTML.

This is where the biggest flaw of this site lies, the top constant
navigation now becomes defunct as it is using the FScommand Tgotolabel and
as the bottom frame does not contain a Flash movie nothing happens.

So my question is this, can you somehow using the Hawaii map FScommand
technology (which I am currently using) but call a HTML page containg a
.swf into a frame, lets say the bottom frame for example and then goto a
specific frame in the movie you have loaded.

Example
Http://www.mydomain.com/myfile.swf_label=home

Reading this mail back, I think I have clearly gone mad but can it be done?

James Ede
Designer Type Bloke
tel: (+44) 0117 902 2020
isdn: (+44) 0117 953 1011