Subject: Re: FLASH: www.oeilpouroeil.fr - Question
From: Chris
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 07:32:24 +0100

> >BTW, how do you capture the voices? Internaly using a program or externally
> >on a recording device, then capturing it into the computer ... I never really
> >experimented with extracting a statement.
>
> For voice-only purposes, you should be able to record straight into your
> computer via the sound card microphone jack. For high fidelity live sound
> this is not recommended. Instead, you should use a decent condensor
> microphone and an external preamp mixer (a used Mackie 1202 is a Best Buy
> for this purpose) and go into the line input of the sound card.

Sorry, you misunderstood ... this question was geared towards Ben. The Macintosh
has software built into the system to have the computer speak out sentences (or
words or whatever). You simply type stuff into SimpleText and pick a voice and
the computer speaks it ... usually with good accuracy. The voices Ben uses on his
site are some of those Mac voices. I was just wondering how he captured those
voices, since I haven't found a way except to record it out of my speaker jack
into my stereo system and then play it back through my capture card and digitize
the sounds that way. There's probably something I've just overlooked.