Subject: Re: FLASH: Sending flash in emails
From: dartfrogmedia
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 21:00:10 +0100

At 12:05 PM 7/5/99 -0700, you wrote:
>For those interested in sending Flash in their emails (not to the list
>please!), there's a demonstration of this at:
>http://www.flashmaster.nu/. It's the third button down on the right on the
>flash home page. It will send you the instructions in a flashmail to your
>mailbox.

I hadn't seen this site before and it has a great Flash interface which is
worth seeing.

However, I don't feel it's responsible to encourage people to set their
mail programs to accept html executables, which is what Flash mail
requires. To my thinking, it only makes sense to open executables from
senders you know personally, and even then I always check with them to see
where the program came from before running it. With viruses being what they
are nowadays, it's way too risky to run email attachments automatically,
and I'd hate to be the one to encourage anybody to do so.