Subject: Re: FLASH: Freehand or Illustrator?
From: G. Jefferson
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 21:33:23 +0100

They're both good, but avoid Illustrator 7. There are lots of pros and cons.
Freehand is better for text handling and multi-page doocuments -- about as
good as PageMaker. Illustrator 8 has a prettier user interface, does mesh
gradients and handles 2-byte character sets such as Chinese, Japanese and
Korean -- Macromedia, please address this *stupid* limitation.

If your vector work will be mainly done in conjunction with Flash, HTML and
lots of typography, and you don't need Kanji etc, Freehand whould be your
choice, IMHO. If your vector work would be mainly for illustrations for
print media, go for Illustrator 8.

Gareth.