Subject: Re: FLASH: Load Movie Problem
From: dartfrogmedia
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 21:45:23 +0100

At 09:52 PM 7/5/99 +0200, you wrote:
>MWeb wrote:
>
>> I have around ten different movies all linking off a central "interface
>> movie"...
>
>Is that how you are supposed to make a flash site? A different movie for each
>section ( news, information etc.)? I'm curious because I'm currently making a
>site myself, but I only have one movie and use scenes to separate the
different
>sections.

First off, you'll do well to avoid the use of scenes except in authoring
mode. Personally I don't use them at all. When you get into more complex
stuff, in particular using sound and movie clips, you will be sorry if you
rely on scenes.

As for using Load Movie, it is primarily useful for Web-based Flash when
there is a great deal of content (several hundreds of k or more) that can
be called at random by the user. Then, rather than make the user wait for
the entire download in order to get to a chunk of content, you might break
it into separate movies. These movies will lose the benefit of sharing a
library of symbols, so there's a disadvantage. But you can then let the
user manage the order of download, and often you can try to sneak in a few
movie downloads while the user is busy with something else.