Subject: Re: FLASH: mpeg 3 in flash 4/flash 4 demo
From: Adeel Mahmood
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 22:44:51 +0100

There are no such things as MPEG 3 files yet. What you're referring to are
actually the MPEG 1 LAYER III files. On the web, they are also known as MP3
files and are used almost exclusively for compressing CD-quality sounds to
a mere fraction of space.

Flash 4 **exports** your sounds in MP3 format. It has nothing to do with
their import. There's a simple workaround for that though. If you have
WinAmp, just go to its Options/Preferences and change the Output plugin to
the one that exports the MP3 file as a WAV file, as opposed to playing it
back. (On the latest WinAmp versions, it will probably be NullSoft Disk
Writer Plugin ver 1.0.) Now that you have the WAV file, import it in your
Flash Movie, and when exporting the movie to SWF or something else, simply
choose the MP3 format for your sound/music export.

iNtRePiD
Rush? Life is speedier than that!