Subject: FLASH: Scrollbars on text fields
From: Brian McHarg
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 17:17:42 +0100

Does anyone know if it possible to enable vertical scrollbars on a text
field. I am looking to have a flash movie framework for a website, with the
base level of information being read in as a variable from a text file
residing in the same directory.

I have this working fine in Flash 4, but have a slight problem. If the text
that is input from the file is larger than the size of the text field within
the movie, there is only one way of viewing the later lines. That is to
select the text and scroll down with the arrow keys. What I am looking to
do is have a scrollbar enavled on the textfield so that

1) The user can see that there is more information below.
2) They can scroll down to get at said information easier (particularly if I
don't want the text to be selectable.

TIA.

B.