Subject: Re: FLASH: Help needed with scenes
From: dartfrogmedia
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 18:03:59 +0100

At 12:54 AM 7/11/99 +0300, you wrote:
>Hello, let me introduce myself. I am Manos from Athens and I am a
>Flash "newbie". So, I have a question for anyone who can help. I make
>a movie with Flash that has two or more scenes, I want to create a
>button to make the "transfer" from one scene to the next scene. When
>I test the movie in FLash, it's OK and it stops between scenes until
>I press the button. But when I export it to html, it is playing all
>scenes without stopping or waiting for clicking the button. The
>manual is not too good help because my English is very bad. Can
>someone explain how to do this (in simple english, for stupid people
>:-)??

Hello Manos and welcome to the list,

First I'll tell you how to do what you want. Then I will tell you why
scenes are a bad idea :-).

At the end of each scene put a frame action that says Stop. Then make the
button action just say Play. This is all you need to do.

If you use scenes you will run into trouble when you start making more
complicated Flash. Many Flash developers will use scenes when they make a
long Flash piece, but they will remove the scenes before they export the
movie. Here is what John Croteau has written: