Subject: Re: FLASH: working with variables
From: John Croteau
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 19:49:48 +0100

Hi Marco,

> My question pertains to forms. In the first scene the form is filled out
> and the variables are re-directed to my e-mail address when the user clicks
> on a submit button. The submit button posts the variables and goes to scene
> two. Can I call the variables entered in the text fields of the first scene
> to populate fields in the second scene? Is this a Generator solution or can
> Flash 4 do it?
In Flash 4 just put the same varible name for both fields or name a new
variable equal to the old one. Note, scenes are not recommended.

If you place your variables on the main timeline they will be available
from scene to scene. if you place variables in a movie clip in scene one
it can not be seen from another scene.