Subject: Re: FLASH: flash: create movie clips
From: dartfrogmedia
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 21:42:17 +0100

At 08:48 AM 7/13/99 -0700, you wrote:
>hello everyone!
>
>I'm new to Flash and working on version 3 right now.
>I have created a preloader before it goes to my website. But right now it
>has so many layers I am getting lost. Should I create movie clips of the
>animation and will this decrease the file size.

Every time you convert something to a symbol (even if it is already a group
of symbols) you are adding to the file size, however it is probably not
significant. Converting a sequence to a movie clip can, indeed, simplify
things on the main timeline. The most important factor to remember is that
a movie clip will not start playing until it is entirely loaded. This could
delay the start of your preloader, which could defeat the purpose.

Also if I create movie
>clips for this can I delete my symbols after or will it create a problem?

if you make a movie clip that contains symbols, it relies on those symbols
being present in the library, otherwise you will lose those images. It is
fine to nest symbols in this way, but you must not eliminate any symbols
that make up another symbol. you will probably find many situations where
you will want to nest symbols.