Subject: Re: FLASH: Now *this* is a heck of a site...
From: toon Van de Putte
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 00:54:32 +0100

At 06:28 7/10/99 -0400, you wrote:

>Maybe I couldn't make myself very clear, but my point was, that particular
>site was more geared towards North American visitors, and the rest of the
>people on this mailing list who got to visit it testified that downloading
>that movie wasn't a major issue (probably because most of them were North
>Americans).

I think it's probably because they're on this mailing list, and are
therefore more likely to have faster connections, since most people on this
list are on the Internet professionally. I myself am going to get a cable
modem within the next few months, 'cause i'm on the web a lot and i want
graphics to download fast, but i personally know a lot of people with 28.8
or 14.4 modems who are on the web, just not as intensively as we, the
Chosen Ones ;)

---
toonatkatdesign [dot] com

http://www109.pair.com/katd/

"There is much to be learned from beasts"- Count Dracula