Subject: FLASH: FALSH: Global Variables
From: Alan Alston
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 12:51:33 +0100

Hi Flashers

I am trying to create a six scene Flash movie, with each scene containing an unique intro and extro animation, six buttons jumping to the different scenes.
Problem is I don't want to jump straight to the next scene without first "playing out" my scene-specific animation.

So I'm trying to use setVariable to set a "nav" variable on each button, and the using goTo at the end of the scene to goTo the specified variable.

Problem is that is doesn't work. Can this even be done in multiple scenes or do I have to flatten to a single scene? ;(

How do I specify a scene-name as a variable?

All help appreciated.

thanks
Alan

alanatarmadillo [dot] co [dot] za