Subject: Re: FLASH: FLASH: Global Variables
From: dartfrogmedia
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 17:20:51 +0100

At 01:54 PM 7/14/99 +0100, you wrote:
>I don't understand the flow you want to use. You
>have six scenes and you want the movie to progress from scene 1 -> 2 ->
>3 etc. ?
>But you want this flow to be user controlled and not automatic or user
>controlled from a certain point onwards.

Hi Nigel (and Alan),

I didn't reply to this at first because I don't know the scripting answer,
but I believe the desired behavior is this: The user is in the midst of a
scene and wishes to go to another scene (non-sequential). The user clicks
on the button associated with that other scene. Before being taken there,
the current scene jumps to a closing transition and only then does the
requested scene play. What is needed, then, is for a variable to be
established based on which scene was requested, and for this variable to be
passed to a frame action at the end of the closing transition of the
current scene, so that the frame action will send the playback to the
correct scene. As I said, I don't know the specifics of how to do that, but
look forward to learning :-). I do know how to do this in Flash3 by sending
an independent movie clip to a stopped frame just before a frame that tells
the main timeline to go to the new scene. The last frame of the current
scene would then tell this movie clip to go to the next frame, which would
execute the frame action.