Subject: Re: FLASH: flash 4 mp3
From: Michael Penne
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 23:03:32 +0100

--- Wes Tilson <wtilson1attampabay [dot] rr [dot] com> wrote:
> IT'S EXCELLENT!!
>
> I used import as library to import a 33+ MEG! wave
> file.
> the .swf is 785 KILOBYTES!

I love it too! This was a ~70 MB Aiff file, flash (at 8bit stereo) took
it down to ~800k. I second your reports of long import export times,
though (using a G3 233, 70mb to flash).

http://www.humboldt.edu/~mmp5/bigb/BigB.swf

(interestingly, we found flash 3 played the animation but without any
sound;-)....

It does seem to sync sounds to animation pretty well as long as the
target machine doesn't drop frames (for instance streams very well and
stays synched on my buds Dell P2 450 via 56k, but drops frames on the
120mhz PPC (on a T1) I use at work...