Subject: Re: FLASH: Mouseover callouts
From: Marc Hoffman (Dart Frog Media)
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 19:40:36 +0100

At 10:56 AM 7/21/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I have one large graphic (screen shot) that I'd like
>to place different hotspots on for mouseover effects
>(callouts). Is this possible with ONE image and
>"hotspots" or do I have to break it up into seperate
>images?

You can use invisible buttons, they don't need to actually include the
graphic that the user sees. Easiest way:

1) draw the hot spot in a new layer above the graphic. Also in that layer
draw in the mouseover effect where you want it;
2) select the hot spot and mouseover effect, press F8 to make them a
symbol, give it a name and designate it to be a button;
3) edit the button so the hot spot goes only in the HIT frame and the
mouseover effect goes only in the UP frame. Use empty keyframes elsewhere.
Note that the hit area should consist of a solid fill with outlines removed.

Back on the main stage, the "invisible" button will have a pale blue color
unless you use Control>Enable Buttons. But the buttons will not show in the
exported movie, just the mouseover effects when the hot spot is rolled over.