Subject: Re: FLASH: OT: Print Shortcut on a Mac
From: Warren 'The Howdy Man' Ockrassa
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 22:33:04 +0100

"Russell E. Unger" wrote:

> In most instances, you can substitute the apple key for the ctrl-key.

No no no no no. Bad Russell. Paddle paddle. The "Apple" key does not
exist on all Mac keyboards. The "Command" key does (sometimes I refer to
it as a cloverleaf).

The open-apple is a legacy of the days when Macs and IIGS's could
exchange keyboards; the IIGS, of course, used the apple, while the Mac
used the cloverleaf. (Both Macs and IIGS machines used the same kind of
keyboard connector.)

However in the Mac world it has *always* been called the Command key. As
an old Mac coder it used to drive me *nuts* when someone referred to
that key as the "open apple" key. Still does, obviously. :)

--
becker("digitalMedia").programmer[#senior] = "Warren Ockrassa"
http://www.beckerinc.com/ warrenatnightwares [dot] com (mailto:warrenatnightwares [dot] com)