Subject: Re: FLASH: Please help me I'm really tryin' here
From: John Croteau
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 03:10:20 +0100

Hi Won-Ton,

> Help!!! I'm a new flash user and have made a flash demo of our services
> for a cd rom. Everything when fine and dandy but now they want to put it
> on our website. The problem I have is I can't get the "if Frame is
> Loaded" action to work or at least show me that its working.
Only when you put the filee on the web will you see the If frame is
Loaded working. On the hard drive you will not see the preloader because
the file is already completely loaded.

There are several test solutions. One would be to put your (two) 'If
frame is loaded commands' on their own 'If Actions' layer. When you want
to see the If frame is loaded preloader, make your If Actions layer a
Guide layer so these actions will not be exported to the swf file. This
will work in most If frame is loaded setups and play the preloader once.
Remember, to make it a normal layer when exporting to the Web.