Subject: Re: FLASH: Transparency in Illustrator 8.0?
From: Tom Green
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 16:31:15 +0100

John Dowdell wrote:<snip>

Although I do earn

> my salary from Macromedia, I'm straight up with you that FreeHand will help
> your Flash work far more than other tools will, and it has tons of
> side-benefits besides. It hurts me to see you taking the long way
> around...! :(

Having tangled with J.D, in the past and suffered the lash of his great wit
over on Direct-L, this is one time where J.D. and I agree.

I always devote one lesson in my Flash classes to creating a Flash Movie
without using Flash. This sorta messes with their simple minds because they
are using Freehand 8 to create the .fla. It is a terrific feature and one that
I don't think a lot of people are aware of, let alone use.