Subject: Re: FLASH: MM, why the hassle?!
From: David Gary Studios
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 05:31:31 +0100

>At 7:20 PM 7/28/99, David Gary Studios wrote:
>>Went to DL the latest Shockwave player and had to go through about 5
steps.

>This is the new Shockwave 7.02, ShockMachine, shockwave.com I've been
>talking about here recently. If you get the new Shockwave Player now you'll
>have a bunch of new abilities added. Spend some time with it, try it out,
>read the docs.
>
>Entrance:
>http://www.shockwave.com/

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply.

Well, since its impossible to find any feedback link or direct support
e-mail link from MM's website without paying money or giving my credit card
number, I'll reply here since it seems this public forum is the only way to
actually contact any warm blooded creature @ Macromedia. I visited
"Shockwave.com" and I must say that this is probably one of the most awfully
designed Flash sites I've seen to date from a company of MM's caliber. I was
totally confused, I know, not that difficult. =8>)- The ergonomics were
horrible and nothing worked. There were several amatuer design flaws and the
bottom line, is,... well,.... as Tom Hanks in "BIG" would say, "I don't get
it".

MM, I can name at least 20 professional freelance flash developers that
could have executed the shockwave.com site at least 50 times more
effectively then what I saw. Who "Ok'ed" that?!

The loader graphic looks like Ammon Haggerty's work, however I would find it
extremely suprising that his talent might have been part of the developed of
that eye sore of a site. Maybe it was just ripped.

hey, just my 02.

what do I know,

-DG-
http://www.davidgarystudios.com
dgarystudiosatmpinet [dot] net (mailto:dgarystudiosatmpinet [dot] net)