Subject: Re: FLASH: Inserting a MC
From: Marc Hoffman (Dart Frog Media)
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 23:02:36 +0100

At 04:00 PM 7/29/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I created a Movie Clip using Edit Symbol that essentially pops up four
>buttons in rapid succession (similar to the buttons at
>http://www.the-control-group.com). Now, being the inexperienced Flash 4
>user that I am, I can't for the life of me figure out how to insert this MC
>in the timeline so that they pop up when & where I want them.

Not sure if you want these to pop up by themselves or as a consequence of a
timeline or user action. If you just plunk it into the timeline, when
playback reaches the movie clip it will play. If it has no stop actions it
will loop until it is no longer present in the timeline. If you just want
the buttons to pop up one at a time until they're all showing, space them
apart using some empty frames, and put a stop action in the final frame. I
am not sure why you want to do this in a movie clip rather than on the main
timeline; either will work.