Subject: Re: FLASH: Countdown timer
From: james
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 23:31:59 +0100

--- John Croteau <croteauaterols [dot] com> wrote:
> > But can the user actually enter a time to
> countdown from?
> Yes, this is possible.
> You can use text fields in Flash 4.
> ---------
That's what I was thinking - with this ASP stuff I've
been doing, I figured if anything I could capture the
data in asp and send back to flash, which seems
clunky. Anyway, text fields should work. Now, my
dilemma is, the count isn't accurate. I looked at one
of the countdown/clock samples that was recommended,
and it was much too fast.

Is there anyway to sync up better with the system time
or actual clock speed? My concern would be too that
on slower machines, will the count be slower and on
faster machines, will it be too fast?

Sum up - what's the best way to get an accurate
timer/count when using Flash4? Or, is this something
that needs to be done in Director?