Subject: Re: FLASH: Online banking in flash
From: phillip m. torrone
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 02:20:20 +0100

aol can be handled in a few different ways....if that's a target browser to
support, a gui would be created to accommodate a back button, perhaps even
a separate one based on the fact that the user is from aol...or the user
would have instructions, quite a number of possibilities. a well designed
gui may not even need a back button.

but know this, during what's typically described as a discovery phase of a
project we work closely with our client(s) to inform them of the spectrum
of users, percentage of users on a particular os \ browser \ screen size
and we help our client(s) make informed decisions on what they may want to
support, some clients are going after corporate users and aol isn't even in
the picture...there's always a segment that has a slightly different
experience but with flash we can at least deliver a consistent gui :] and
you mentioned "if the user doesn't support javascript and flash", you can
still deliver content with generator (jpg, gif) and after that, gosh- i
think they're using lynx or a wap phone....and we can do that do with some
spiffy ascii art i suppose ;]

cheers,

phillip m. torrone
director of new media
b r a i n c r a f t
627 broadway suite 504
new york, ny 10012
v: 212.539.1680 ext. 201
f: 212.539.1741
m: 201.921.9306
http://www.braincraft.com

At 02:26 PM 7/6/00 EDT, you wrote:
>Just to be the one adds another little question to this whole idea, what
will
>you do about AOL users? we all know there is a lot of them out there, and
>when i went into the demo banking site, i could still use my fwd-back
buttons
>with the aol browser.
>
>Regards,
>
> John Ward <--- AOHell user.... :-)
>www.DigitalRodder.com

flasher is generously supported by...
shockwave.com and Electric Rain.
1.877.4.FLASH.4 or (1.805.640.6679 outside the US and Canada)
Register before June 30 and save $200!!-- www.flashforward2000.com