Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash Files for Television
From: Dave Broz
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 21:35:46 +0100

sure. I have done this quite a few times for both avid and media 100. If
the movie is small, a quicktime (QT) can be imported in both avid and media
100. for best results don't compress anything. if the movie is a very big
QT, there can be a problems via file corruption (it is more likely that a
very large file could be corrupted over a small one.) if this is the case
run out a PICT sequence (PICT is good because you can also bring in any
alpha channels for keying, however on PC you will need to export a PNG
sequence then use Debabilizer or Photoshop to batch to PICT, a PICT
sequence will export directly out of Flash for Mac) and import the sequence
into either system, no problems. if you have audio you will also need to
export an aiff separately that has the same frame rate/sync as the sequence.
make sure the frame rate of your flash matches that of TV: 25fps for PAL, 30
fps for NTSC.

another tip is run a filter using adobe aftereffects (there are both PAL
and NTSC filters for this built into aftereffects) on your media before you
import into your video editors to get a good colour balance for TV.
Computer based colours tend to be more saturated and will *bleed*,
particularily reds and purples.

good luck!

Dave Broz
www.eleven1.com