Subject: FLASH: Re: Freeware Flash Exporter for Max 3
From: J. Lutes (pixelTwiddler)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 13:33:32 +0100

At 03:48 AM 7/20/00 GMT, you wrote:
> I'm looking for such a miraculous plug-in.. I've been looking, just
>haven't found anything that would fall under the title of "freeware".
>Anything would be greatly appreciated.

This is such a complicated thing to create (and create well) that anyone
who can do it might be considered ridiculous to give it away.

Though sometimes it is the ridiculous that makes the world go around, if a
freeware converter were to exist, it would not provide very high quality
results. Of course, I often find the Vecta3D results, and sometimes the
Illustrate! results, less than stellar, so maybe I am the wrong person to
consult on this. There is stuff in Illustrate!, especially version 5 now
in beta, that makes it well worth the price, even if you only used it for
one measly commercial Flash project.

The next version of Max is going to have mediocre Flash support natively.
The deal was (reportedly) inked with a company whose name I won't mention,
but whose initials are Ideaworks3D.

I am keeping track of tools and methods for Flash 3D to benefit some
articles and presentations of mine. I put a temporary software list up at
http://www.grafikimagism.com/flash3Dlist.html for anyone interested. Many
of them are inexpensive options, and some you may already own. There are
no details (just an HTML list), because this is something which was removed
from its original context. Feel free to inquire about anything on it and
how it applies.

-
J A S O N L U T E S
ICQ: pixelTwiddler (#18046724)
E-mail: jasonatgrafikimagism [dot] com

flasher is generously supported by...
shockwave.com and Electric Rain.
1.877.4.FLASH.4 or (1.805.640.6679 outside the US and Canada)
Register before June 30 and save $200!!-- www.flashforward2000.com