Subject: Re: FLASH: RAM Alotted to Flash [OT]
From: Helen Triolo
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 15:07:09 +0100

Gaack, Frederico, your message makes me think I'd rather chop off my
left hand than try to use a Mac! (Just when I was thinking it was about
time to go out and buy one...) Do you really have to worry about all
that er, fillintheblank, to get Flash to run on a Mac? I guess this is
really a rhetorical question, since I can imagine the answer is
something along the lines of "Well, do you really want control over your
system or do you want to keep using your inefficient old bloatware
system?" Guess I'll stick with my turn-it-on-and-it-works bloatware for
now. ;-)

Counting the minutes to see how long it takes Mr Gregory to come up with
his detailed answers,
Helen
Helen Triolo � http://i-Technica.com � 301-424-6037
Flash Q&A archive � http://i-technica.com/flashlist

Frederico wrote:

> On 7/21/00 12:42 AM Mountain Time, Arnold Gregory via arnieat1idea [dot] com,
> said:
>
> >I am up to 110MB ram alloted to Flash 4.0a. and I still get out of
> >memory errors. I am working on a file with several images but seems
> >like 110 megs ought to be plenty of memory with nothing else running.
> >Anyone else having memory problems?
>
> Nope.
>
> Questions:
> 1) How big is your FLA in MB? Does it contain sound?
> 2) Do you have any other FLAs open at the same time?
> 3) How much physical RAM do you have? (Apple Menu: Control Panels: Memory)
> 4) Is Virtual Memory 'On' or 'Off'? What is its setting?
> 5) Which volume is VM targeted to?
> 6) What is the Disk Cache setting?
> 7) How large is the primary Startup System volume?
> 8) How much free space is there? Is that with VM on or off?
> 9) How large is the volume on which Flash resides? Free space?
> 10) How large is the volume on which your FLA resides? Free space?
> 11)What model Mac? (processor speed/type/OS)
> 12) What happens if you set 'Extensions Manager' to 'Mac OS Base' and
> Restart; relaunch Flash and work in your FLA?
> 13) Are you using RAM Doubler, Speed Doubler, Conflict Catcher, or other
> System enhancing software? What happens if you physically remove their
> parts from your System Folder? (not just turn them off)
> 14) What happens if you do a 'Save As. . .' ; rename the FLA; Quit Flash;
> Relaunch Flash; then Open the newly saved FLA?
> 15) What happens if you disable the Memory CP altogether, and then
> Restart?
>
> Try to answer those questions in detail, and we'll take it from there.
>
> Frederico

flasher is generously supported by...
shockwave.com and Electric Rain.
1.877.4.FLASH.4 or (1.805.640.6679 outside the US and Canada)
Register before June 30 and save $200!!-- www.flashforward2000.com