Subject: Re: FLASH: Technomelancholic Sigh.
From: Sohrab Pirayesh
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 19:41:33 +0100

How about film or commercials: the first think different apple commercial,
or some of the new audi ones, or even the VW pink moon commercial? (
www.adcritic.com )

In Print: teh nike ads of old ( eg the one with jerry rice standing in front
of a horde of fans after he has just scored a tuchdown, with the caption
reading " just did it".

Even in quotes: steve jobs when asking the CEO of pepsi to come and join
apple he said to him, " Do you wanna make sugar water for the rest of your
life, or do you wanna come with me and change the world?"

Even on the web, I remember when i first saw balthaser online and gabocorp
way back when, i was inspired, so inspired that i got into flash.

There are hundreds of things that "emotionally move" us. the key is
originality. And in the case of the web functionality.

When one makes a web site, one must consider the theme, what am i trying to
spark in my audience. And every single graphic, button, sound animation
should be an extension of that. we must storyboard, we must plan. Every
website should have a thesis, a theme or mission statement, just like an
essay or film, and everything in that site should support that thesis.

There is too much nonesense noise, too much useless animation, everything is
just too much. We must keep it simple, and concise. we must create.

(hordes of applause, some guy in the backrow has tears in his eyes, while i
take a bow.)haha

-sohrab