Subject: RE: Javascript and tables
From: Michael Kay
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 21:56:25 +0100

Jason Nugent wrote:
> ....netscape 3 does not support JavaSCript inside
>of tables...

While I was tweaking the code for my Webmonkey tutorial, I came across a
weird, possible fluke exception to this bug. I used Aftershock to embed the
Shockwave illustration on this page:
http://www.hotwired.com/webmonkey/98/25/index1a_page3.html?tw=multimedia

It seems that when the Shockwave file was specced to the full width of the
table cell, the JavaScript worked fine on Netscape 3. If the Shockwave was
just a pixel narrower, the JavaScript would break.

--Mike