Subject: Re: FLASH: Reading from another file?
From: Jan Vangrinsven
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:14:54 +0100

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a couple of questions?
>
> 1) How do you create forms in Flash 4?
> Please point me to some tutorials.

Creating forms is not that difficult, select the text button A and then
select AB| to draw a textbox. Name the variable by rightclicking on
the textfield, select properties, and type the name.

Create a button, set action Go to URL and be sure to select post
variables.

> 2) Can Flash read its input from another (.txt) file?
> I would like to use it to generate data...kinda like a database
> application.

This I don't know, I'm looking into it since yesterday and hope to
find an answer soon. But I think you still need another appllication
for putting the data in the database etc... Check out
www.ihtml.com for an easy to use tool.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> -John M.

> digest mode send: info flasher to list-manageratshocker [dot] com

Jan Vangrinsven
Vaartstraat 67
3000 Leuven
Belgium