Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash 4.0 and database connections
From: Jan Vangrinsven
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 08:09:26 +0100

Rob,

> It works, now. I made a stupid mistake, but my post outlines the correct
> procedure. You can see it working at:
> http://209.233.20.147/testweb/logon.html

I tested your site and it looks good. I suppose it is ASP that
checks the username and Password, and in that case I'm as far as
you are. The question is, can we do it the other way around.
Starting from a ASP or iHTML file, defining the variables here, and
send them to the form, so this is preloaded with the data ?

> > I don't know how ASP works because I use iHTML and I'm having
> > the same problem showing a variable in the Flash.
> >
> I have used iHTML before. It is very similar to asp. It is easier to use
> than ASP, but it is limited in comparison. What you send and recieve in
> Flash is the same for iHTML and ASP and Perl and whatever. It is based on
> HTML standards.
>
> Rob

> digest mode send: info flasher to list-manageratshocker [dot] com

Jan Vangrinsven
Vaartstraat 67
3000 Leuven
Belgium