Subject: Re: FLASH: Transparancy
From: Nigel Randsley-Pena
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:35:49 +0100

Rich,

The use of the transparency setting in flash will only work with
browsers that use the activex control. Browsers that use the plugin
can't use this setting.
This information is clearly stated in the Flash help files.
As for the flickering effect, I have heard of it but have been unable to
reproduce it, which leads me to conclude it's cpu and/or image refresh
related.
Workarounds ? No. For plugin based browsers being able to render
transparent backgrounds in Flash or other plugins would represent a
major alteration of some base design and security issues.

Nigel