Subject: FLASH: Load Movie - Frame # or (N)
From: Chris
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 06:37:29 +0100

Going through the manual I couldn't really find anything too in depth on
new level, but also have it start at a certain frame (wether it be
number, scene or name) instead of the first frame of the swf. Like in
Director if I call on another movie I can also specify the frame I want
it to go to when it loads that movie ... can I specify this in Flash? or
does it always have to start at the begining. What I want is to load one
swf but at certain times the buttons link to html files ... but then whe
they hit "back", I want them to jump back to that section they wer in
instead of going through the whole process again. My pan was that when
they hit back ti would go to "blank.swf" which would have an action in
the first frame to load movie (the same original swf) but just at
different point. Would there be any other way? The client doesn't want
it to open a new window for the html, then close the window upon going
back (that was the original idea). Is this possible or are there any
other suggestions .... remember, you're talking to a designer not a
programme, any new or crazy thoughts need spellinging out .... lamens
terms please :-) ... I'm guessing there could be a "tell targets" thing
in here somewheres .... please go gentle on me ... and please don't just
have a "go to mooks website" answer just to get me out of here ...
unless it explains somewhat simply (or in detail because I'm sure it's
not *really* simple) how I'd go abouts doing this.

thank you very much