Subject: Re: FLASH: OK to skip the Hit state?
From: Erik [gearik] Mattheis
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 08:53:33 +0100

The info on this in the Flash 4 help files is wrong, and I think the
previous reply may be misleading for some ...

If the fourth frame of a button object is not a key frame, Flash uses the
area defined in the last key frame in the first three frames as the hit
area.

>> Does anyone know of a danger in not including a Hit state on a button?
>It won't work as a button if there is no hit area. If you mean does it
>need a keyframe and special hit area then the answer is usually it does.
>
>> I read in two publications that you do not need to include a Hit frame in a
>> Flash button;
>This is of course wrong. What publications are you reading. Flasher by
>Dummies?
Erik [gearik] Mattheis

"May you live in interesting times".
- Ancient Chinese Curse