Subject: Re: EMERGENCY: opening application form a URL
From: Jan van Boesschoten
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 10:57:17 GMT

I think you don't need to open windows it's done automaticly. Just do a a href to the .doc xls and whatever. If the user has the application on his computer it will be started else, he has the ability to save it.

Beware there is some shit going on when you tried to open an word97 document in a word96 program. I can advice you link also to an rtf-file

Example:
This works fine

Hope this will help, and goodluck

Regards

Jan van Boesschoten
jvbatmediaplaza [dot] nl

>>> Christian Cook <christian [dot] cookatisluk [dot] com> 02/26/98 11:28AM >>>
Have designed an intranet in Flash for a large financial group in London
but cannot seem to get the buttons to open an application, I am using
GET URL with the link- file:///C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office\WINWORD.EXE

But in Netscape all I am getting is a prompt to save the file rather
than save or open.

Any ideas at all. Is this at all possible??

Help urgently needed. DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY.

Cheers all

Christian.