Subject: Re: 64k cache limit
From: Lane Allen
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 07:33:05 GMT

>Enrique Sulat wrote:
>>
>> Does the cache limit also apply to other stuff as well, like GIFs and JPGs?
[snip]

At 09:23 PM 3/4/98 -0500, Dave Smith wrote:

>Now the new I.E. 4.0 wont cache .swf or .dcr files either,
[snip]

I was to my understanding that IE4.0x holds "objects" in memory
and won't release them. I especially see this when testing on
my own hard drive. Try updating the Flash movie after viewing
the .SWF in IE4 just won't work because it still "in use" even
after you close the browser out. The only cure is to reboot.
Supposedly this is to keep in memory so it will load faster if
they go back (but I find it to be a pain). Am I on the right road
here?

Lane