Subject: Moving in zoom
From: Jose Savio Ponte
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 11:56:37 GMT

I was just taking a look in the way objects can be moved using the
keyboard arrows in Flash. Depending to the zoom value in the editor, we
have a different value for each arrow move in pixels. I realize that at
100%, the object moves 1px/arrow, but at 1000%, we need 10 arrow moves
for 1 pixel. There are a proportion value for each zoom, actually, the
very percentual number:
50%: 1 pixel=0.5 move (or 2 pixels in 1 move) ;
700%: 1 pixel=7 moves

I'm not sure if this is obvious for you, but why it works this way? Any
advantage in relation to, for example, Photoshop (always 1 pixel=1 move,
zoom independent)? It's really necessary move any object 0.05 pixel at
2000% zoom?
When I want to put some object in a precise place (matching, for ex.,
the exact place of another similar object), the only way is using 2000%
zoom...

Savio
savioatcompugraf [dot] com [dot] br
http://www.excelclic.com.br