Subject: Re:Flash JumpMovie
From: Mike Jones
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 13:10:23 GMT

The Flash JumpMovie as you refer to it John, has been in use on a number of
sites for about six months now. It was a little "toy" I came up with for a
couple of reasons really:
1. Javascript isn't very robust at the best of times - plus I'm not as good
at JScripting as I am at flash!?!
2. It seemed so obvious that flash would be the best tool to detect itself.
3. It takes seconds to install.
If anyone is interested there are examples of this at
http://www.spookyandthebandit.com
http://www.flashbanners.com
and the new 1998 Shell Ferrari site which is being launched before the first
race this Sunday.
http://www.shell-ferrari.com

Although you'll probably have to remove you plugin to "see" it in action or
not as the case may be. If interest is high enough I'll mail an example.
Remember though, no detection device is 100% efficient so you have to cater
for the majority and assist the minority.

Mike Jones
Spooky and the Bandit
12 Theobalds Road
London WC1X 8PF