Subject: Re: Prevending 'Starting Java'
From: Audiohost
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 18:35:11 GMT

I think it was a mistake of Netscape in the first place to avoid that Java
loads upon starting the browser. It is in the best interest of multimedia
oriented Web sites and people who browse them that the enhanced functionality
of Java and JavaScript is available!

Therefore, thinking about how to further avoid loading Java is a step in the
wrong direction (imho) that only enhances questions about whether or not to
use Flash at all.

BTW: Who else but yourself looks at your Flash page without having
encountered another page that loads Java before?-))

Greetings,
--
Tom
tom [dot] bataudiohost [dot] com