Subject: Re: A Few Quick Questions
From: John Dowdell
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 00:39:12 GMT

At 7:21 AM 3/5/98, Colin Moock wrote:
>Also, for anyone else listening...in using similar methods, do you
>experience crashes in Netscape over network connections (but not
>locally?). I had a reproducible crash in the while() loop when waiting
>for PercentLoaded. No problems in IE though. I was also talking between
>two frames though, and I wonder if Netscape died trying to check its
>cache, or couldn't talk to the plugin for some reason (I'm guessing IE
>would have better communication with the ActiveX version...). I'd love
>to hear other experiences with Netscape stability in using these
>techniques, especially with frames...

I'm not sure precisely what was done, but I do know that the use of Java in
LiveConnect does require a bit of breathing space between subsequent
commands... it's definitely possible to fatally pingpong if two objects in
the page rapidly pass messages back and forth. Usually just giving a bit of
breathing space in two-way communication is more Java-friendly that having
one object call another object which calls back into the original object.

I'm not sure whether this is relevant to the work done in this project, though.

jd

Private email options: http://www.macromedia.com/support/priority.html
Search DIRECT-L: http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/director/digest/
Online savvy: http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=netiquette