Subject: Re: .swf within tables
From: Thomas Humphries
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 21:55:49 GMT

Flash within a table is tricky, check to make sure all the T tags are on
one
line in your HTML for rows ie

<TABLE>
<TR><TD>stuff</TD><TD>swf stuff</TD></TR>
<TR> ...etc
</TABLE)

not

<TABLE>
<TR>
<TD>stuff</TD>
<TD>swf stuff</TD></TR>
<TR> ...etc
</TABLE)

so no carriage returns in your HTML file in <TR> lines- I know it
shouldn't make any difference,

but it does :)

see http://www.flybuys.co.nz/ for an example of swf in a table against
images where we had this problem, this cured it.

cheers,

Thomas.

>Can anyone help?
>
>What's the best trick for getting rid of the gaps/borders within a .swf
>when placed in a multiple table. I'm using aftershock, trying all the
>various functions within 'Page Layout' and 'Flash Movie' but i'm still
>getting a 2 pixel gap either at the top or bottom of the movie. I've
>read in the help area that these gaps just appear.
>
>(project)
>I'm trying to place three movies into a table, so they appear like one.
>
>Does anyone have any advice.

Thomas Humphries
Systems Integrity
Hyperactive Multimedia