Subject: Flash File Corruption
From: Wayne Townsend
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 12:19:18 GMT

Hi Folks,

I don't want to alarm anyone; just wondering if this has happened to anyone
else...

Mac, OS 8.0, using a PowerCenterPro 210, 160 meg, 2 gig Seagate.

After a Flash working session, I've had Flash files completely disappear
from the folder or sometimes change to a blank icon, which are not
loadable. This seems to happen after a save & an Aftershock. This has
happend at least *6* times in the past couple of months. And only to the
Flash file, not to any others like the .swf
It just happened again to a movie I was working on. :( Gone, no trace.

It's rather annoying.

Running Norton on the disk and rebuilding the desktop doesn't recover
anything. No viri that I can detect.

------------------
Naturally, I suspect the disk, or bad directory blocks, but the smoking gun
is that this has *never* happened with *any* other type of file except for
a Flash file. !? In fact, I've never seen this happen with *any* file in
14 years on Macs.
------------------

Oh,
...and it only happens when I'm on deadline _and_ haven't backed up for at
least a day. ;)

Now that I think about it, MIX 102.9 has been playing that retro-80's music
in the background on at least 3 of the occasions. Hmmmm.

Seriously though, has anyone else seen this?

TIA,

/wayne

Wayne Townsend
WebStaffing.Net
Dallas, Texas
US- 972.713.8705
waynetatTopher [dot] Net (mailto:waynetatTopher [dot] Net)
wayneatWebStaffing [dot] Net (mailto:wayneatWebStaffing [dot] Net)
gscatOnRamp [dot] Net