Subject: Re: Testing if "Shockwave" is installed.
From: John Dowdell
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 20:28:11 GMT

At 1:23 AM 3/17/98, getmitch wrote:
>FORGIVE MY NOVICENESS JD, BUT IS SETTING A COOKIE SOMETHING I CAN DO?

Hey, no worries, we're all learning new things all the time.

(But I'd watch out for that broken caps-lock if I were you... some people
really don't like it. You can get more useful tips about the online world
by searching with term "netiquette" on Yahoo... lots of great stuff in
there.)

Yes, you can set cookies. It's a function of JavaScript, and is supported
by the major browsers.

Best path to learning JavaScript varies with the person, of course. I like
Nick Heinle's book "Designing with JavaScript" because he builds up a
number of useful examples, step by step. You can get a copy through
http://www.amazon.com/ , if you wish.

(The material is also available on JavaScript sites, but it can sometimes
be hard to search and to navigate to exactly what you wish... or maybe I'm
just old-fashioned and like paper.... ;)

jd

Private email options: http://www.macromedia.com/support/priority.html
Search DIRECT-L: http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/director/digest/
Online savvy: http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=netiquette