Subject: Re: Streaming Flash
From: Shawn Anderson
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 22:20:49 GMT

There's a simple tool for identifying "spikes" in the .swf file. The
"spikes" are large file size jumps in frames. This tool is simply an Excel
template that you copy the text from the text file that's exported with
your .swf. It shows the offending frames in red.

You can "tune" these frames with the "not as simple" tool, the "RealFlash
Bandwidth Tuner"

This is a recent update to the "SWFtune" tool (it's now a bit more
intuitive) and is available for free (with documentation) at
http://www.real.com/devzone/flash/ in the The RealFlash Content Creation Kit.

At 03:16 PM 3/17/98 -0500, Sean Cohen wrote:
>In your RAM file just write yourflashmovie.swf+your realaudiofile.rm
>
>This combiens them and makes Realflash.
>
>There IS more info on Real networks' atrocious developer site. Just be
>patient it is there somewhere. Apparently you need to be conscious of how
>the two streams (real audio and flash) interact. There is a command line
>tool for this, but VERY little info.
>
>unless I am wrong.
>
>-sean
>
>Eric Warshower wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Does anybody know how to make a Flash movie download into Real Player
>> 5.0? Do I "save as" in any special format? Run the SWF through the Real
>> Video Encoder? Any help will be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Eric
end

S h a w n D . A n d e r s o n