Subject: FLASH: buttons/symbols/instances/tell targets
From: Bob Schwartz
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 17:42:08 GMT

Hi,

I am confused (what else is new<g>) as to when to edit, in order to
assign actions such as "start" and "stop", buttons...since flash allows
you to edit the symbols, themselves, as well as instances.

to wit, i want to use one button to start animation with music and
allow the user to press the same button to stop.

I have also been told to use tell target to do this.

Which should I use, please (and why), and when, if one really ought to
be at least using instances for such things if not, "tell
targets",would one assign actions to the symbol, itself?

many thanks in advance.

Bob Schwartz
rnsbobsatearthlink [dot] net