Subject: Re: FLASH: buttons/symbols/instances/tell targets
From: Bob Schwartz
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 17:33:30 GMT

Marc,

> Hope this helps. There are good tutorials that come with Flash and also on
> the web. Please try them.

It does help some, and fwiw (and not to be contrary), i have gone thru the
manual and viewed many tutorials as well.

unfortunately many subtlties (as opposed to how to do certain specific
things) are not addressed in the manual or in tutorials........to wit you
can see how to animate a button, create a movie clip, etc...but when it
comes to explaining why one can do the same things in a number of ways and
when to do them, there is often little available to help one make these
choices......and I think I have been about everywhere that there are Flash
resources.

*******even your answer, while helpful, still leaves me with
questions......when, if ever, would one want to give actions to a buttoon in
symbol editor as opposed to instances and when would one use tell target as
opposed to giving instances actions?*********************

Of course, I am sandwiching this in with many other things so perhaps I have
missed something but as I get further into flash I often find many "little
things" very difficult to see answers to.

so, fwiw, my first response is not to ask someone else to help simply
because I don't want to do my own homework..and I therefore, appreciate the
help here and elsewhere.

thanks.
Bob Schwartz
rnsbobsatearthlink [dot] net