Subject: FLASH: Re: Random Twinkling Stars [now: Max Framerate]
From: Troy M. Gilbert
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 23:11:41 +0100

>> I set the rate to 40fps to push the limit on most machines.
>I think max framerate for Flash animations is 30 fps reguardless of what you
>can set it at. Could someone correct me on this?

There are no technical limitations to Flash that would suggest this (at
least in the file format, I can't speak for the actual player). It is
possible with a fast enough machine, video card, and the right SWF
animation that you could achieve higher than 30 FPS (if the player supports
it). According to the SWF spec, the framerate can be defined as high as 256
frames per second (to be entirely accurate, it can be set as high as
255.99609375 frames per second, but you get the point).

Like I said, their may be a limitation coded into the player (but this
would be very bad on Macromedia's part).

Troy.