Subject: Re: FLASH: bitmaps quality
From: Chris
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 06:25:53 +0100

John Croteau wrote:

> Hi Vincent,
>
> > When i import a bitmap(a JPG) in my flash file and then export the flash
> > movie the bitmap is not as good as before ; it affects my JPG.
> > I tried to change the jpg quality (untill 100) in the export dialog but it
> > doesn't change anything.
> Whether in Flash or another program generally the best results are only
> to compress an image once with a lossy compression format such as JPEG.
> This is especially true with Flash. Keep your image without adding jpeg
> artifacts (noise) until your final export and you will find that mostly
> your file will be smaller and image quality better. Import into Flash as
> bmp or pict file not jpeg.

I've found even with importing uncompressed picts, I still get crappy results
from a 100% jpeg export. So I went back and indexed my picts and saved them as
gifs ... they looked ten times better on export and file size still stayed low.
I'd try gif images ... lossless compression ... very good results IMO.

cheers