Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash Animator Salaries/Hourly Wages
From: Dorian Nisinson
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 19:48:02 GMT

Elizabeth,
If they understand movie clips, tell target and load movie then they are
mid level experienced.

If they use Actionscript instead of tweens for those properties that are
scriptable (x and y location on the stage, x and y scale for the size of the
object on the stage, rotation etc.) and they can demonstrate the ability to
create small fast graphics and interactivity that doesn't cause you to grow
old waiting for it to load and they understand the uses of load variables
from a text file then they are probably experienced. The tricky bit will be
determining if they really know these things or just know of them.

Salary rates are certainly strongly effected by where you live so I won't
venture an opinion on that one. One thing though, for freelance work, I
never charge or quote an hourly rate. I gather as much information about the
project from the client and then give them an estimate. Usually, I have at
least 2 price points with the tasks to be completed itemized on the
estimate. That way everyone knows what to expect and there are no nasty
surprises.

I go by the old adage, I "Never assume. It makes an ass of "u" and "me"

Dorian

Dorian Nisinson Design http://www.bway.net/~dorian
dorianatbway [dot] net (mailto:dorianatbway [dot] net)
Flash Central
http://www.FlashCentral.com
FlashBible
http://www.FlashBible.com/members