Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash Animator Salaries/Hourly Wages -- oops, sorry!
From: 2Nerotik
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 08:40:36 GMT

Hmmm maybe I'm missing something but I did a test a ways back
comparing actionscripting a tween and a real tween.

The Fla size was about the same but the swfs were of different
sizes with the script tween being of smaller size. There wasn't
a huge difference but then I wasn't doing a large file either.

and YES using actionscript or rather the SetProperties can be
much more flexible than a regular tween since you can play
with the varibles to get the movement or whatever you are
doing just right. And it can be changed dynamicly.

Now if only Flash 5 will add tint and color to the SetProperties it
would be excellent.

I think I will repost the swf I did, it takes ALL the Setproperties and
uses them
at the same time... HAH try that with just a tween.

found at http://www.nisa.net/~2nerotik/All_Tweens.html

The varibles are randomized so if you continue watching you will notice a
change
in position, size and visibility.

The final swf size is 1.61K, fla size is 36K

At 02:30 AM 09/03/2000 -0500, unique wrote:
>>Marc answered the Q "why actionscript tweens?" thusly:
>>
>>>File size... scripting movement is much much smaller and if properly created
>>>are much more flexible than tweens.
>
>NO. Branden did. Sorry to both!
>
>BTW anyone know how to force Eurdora to automatically add the sender's
>name to the top of a reply? :-)

*G* don't know mine doesn't either, I just double click on the message to
bring up the
header info and cut n paste.

.oOo.
|| She is not: A Bad Cook