Subject: FLASH: FW: List Management Issues, please read
From: Gahlord Dewald
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:18:53 GMT

1. Let's use subject lines well.
Hey could we _please_ start using reliable subjects. This list has a lot of
great input. For example: the salary thread no longer contains info about
salaries, it contains info about Eudora.

Following this advice is good for you because then people see your subject
and ready your message. If I'm into Eudora, I'm damn excited to see the
subject and go read and have a positive branding experience with your name
on it. Conversely, if I'm interested in info about salaries and I find an
article about Eudora, I have a negative branding experience with your name
all over it.

The Eudora/Salaries thread is just one of several threads that go this way.
I know the reply button just fills it in, but it won't take much for you to
write a quick subject.

2. Restrict reposting stuff we've already read.
Just trim down the thing you're responding to its essential memes. Enough
so a newbie to the list would understand what you're talking about, but
headers, intro paragraphs, the last month's worth of digests, all that
could be trimmed.

Thanks much, I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, just trying to keep all
the info relevant. On the good side, I love the OT (off topic) subjects.
You could talk all day long about Window$ as long as you put those OT tags
in the subject line.

Gahlord

flasher is generously supported by...